Quantcast

Question?

December 24, 2006

Vegan Delights

So I'm not a vegan, but I'm lactose intolerant. Thus I have been trying for years to find decent deserts that don't contain milk. Sure I can bake a cake with out it, which I might add I'm pretty good at, but that gets to be difficult when you're lacking time or desire.

So I've tried all kinds of stuff. Recently Rooster's Coffee Shoppe, a coffee shop in PA, sells these great vegan cookies from the Alternative Baking Company. There are a bunch of flavours, the Double Chocolate Decadence is my favourite.

I've also found some tastey candy bars. Green & Black's bars actually claims certain varieties to be suitable for vegetarians and vegans, their Dark Chocolate bars are 70% cocoa and are superb. Another company makes carob bars in a few nice flavours, the are called Goldies Carob Bar, I prefer the Rice Crunch. Whole Foods in New York carries both of these bars.

No comments: