Quantcast

Question?

March 11, 2007

Energetic Hardcore at it's Best

ABC No Rio puts on amazing shows. Despite being sadly disappointed by 11.22, the rest of the lineup was great (Ed Gein wasn't able to make it to the show) I originally went to see 11.22 but they didn't seem to have very much energy and didn't sound all that great either. All Else Failed was beyond unbelievable; they put on a fantastic set that got the crowd energized and emotional. When they covered Suffer by Vision of Disorder everything I'd seen before paled in comparison, everyone piled on top of each other to get a chance to sing. They even did an encore song, something you never really see at a hardcore show all that much (this isn't arena rock.)

I was very pleased to see a lot of straight edge guys and girls out at the show. That always makes me happy, especially when I see some that are older than me and have been edge for so long. It's also great to see younger new blood that have claimed edge.

One of the other opening bands was a NJ group called In First Person. They were very tight, and put everything they had into that set. They're playing in Brooklyn in May; I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them again.

No comments: