Quantcast

Question?

January 10, 2007

Anger and Poison Free

A friend of mine had a rather crappy situation on New Year's Eve with a pothead. My friend isn't Straight Edge, but she's very adamant about her distaste of drugs and drug use. This pothead kept trying to get her to smoke, she insisted to him several times to stop. And her boyfriend even told him to stop, but he kept being a jerk. I'm not a violent person, so I'd never condone fighting, although sometimes it'd feel real good to punch an ass like that right in the face.

I've been trying to ease up on my anger with people like that, it's just not healthy. Being poison free to me also means removing the anger you have that can poison your attitude and outlook on life. I think that anger and stress are sometimes the most poisonous things in our life. I know that I get pretty stressed out a lot, and sometimes get very annoyed and angry with things I know that I should ignore. I've decided that I need to just not let things bother me that I can't control, and I need to ignore people that are poisonous.

Some people are just ignorant and poison filled and they only make your life worse if you keep them around or let them in to your life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too true. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous said...

Entirely true. I like the straight edge philosophy- simple and positive, and a lot of people could learn a lot from this under-represented way of thinking.

By the way, I'm not sure you mean "abdicate"- that means to relinquish the position of being a monarch, you're probably thinking of "condone" or something similar.

- Peace