Quantcast

Question?

April 30, 2007

No more Xs if you stop vomiting

I'm sick of all the people that say that they hate Straight Edgers cause they "have to belong to something" and because they put Xs on their bodies. They say that by putting an X on my body I'm pushing my views on them, that I'm making a public statement about my beliefs.

Well I'm putting it out here now that I will stop putting Xs on my hands and wearing Straight Edge clothing if everyone that is not Straight Edge will no longer drink in front of anyone that is Straight Edge, that means when I'm out you can't drink, cause that drink is in my face, and that when I'm out on the street you won't stumble out of a bar and vomit on the sidewalk. You won't wear alcohol sponsoring clothing, you won't smoke in public, you won't be hung-over in public.

I'll also stop belonging to my beliefs if you stop taking pride in things you can't control. Stop being proud of your genetics or where you were born. How can you be proud of being American, Irish, Native American; how can you be proud to be American or Male or Female or White or Black? Sure you can be proud of the people that chose to stand up for the freedoms that you now have, you can be proud of the commitment your ancestors took to defend their beliefs and way of life, but you can't be proud to just belonging because you were born that way. If you stop that then I'll stop being proud of my choices and commitments to myself.

So if you don't put your drinking, smoking, f*cking and being proud of your genetics in my face I won't put my Xs in yours! I'll stop making choices about my life, so that you can be happy about your life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Since when are people NOT supposed to stand for something? If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing.

Anonymous said...

Really well said man.


It's something to have pride in something to express.


-- alongwill@hotmail.com

Zacky said...

I agree with you. Showing your Straight Edge pride by wearing X's isn't any different than Christians wearing crosses and "WWJD" bracelets, or wearing a shirt promoting Budweiser, or being proud of your racial background. It's idiotic that so many people cannot just live and let live. There are a lot of things that I dislike, but I don't go slamming people who do like them.

Great blog, keep it up.

-KxP