Quantcast

Question?

September 16, 2007

Are you Edge?

Some people I meet that don't drink, smoke, or do drugs wonder if they are SxE even though they don't like hardcore. Sure you can be Straight Edge without listening to the music, I do recommend though that you learn the history of Straight Edge and understand that it is not a fad and something to be taken seriously. It should be a lifelong commitment, along with the understanding that it's your own commitment and that you should not condemn those that fail to keep their personal claim.

You don't have to listen to hardcore or go to shows to be Edge. Edge is about a promise to yourself to be poison free. It is a commitment to keep yourself clean forever. I never eat any foods with alcohol in them, like Jack Daniels steak sauce, but someone that simply doesn't drink most likely will not object to consuming it. Its like someone that doesn't eat meat but is not a vegetarian/vegan, you may not like the way it tastes, but you may not make an objection to a meat sauce lasagna and you probably will wear leather.

I personally believe that my choice to be edge has improved my life, has made me a clearer thinking person and has given me a stronger conviction towards all my beliefs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just came across your blog and read a few entries.

A few of my friends and I have started a straightedge vegan mp3 blog. I've been writing zines in Australia with straightedge or vegan content and we've all been pretty into hardcore so it was progression.

xmilitantx.blogspot.com is the address, the name is ironic but I feel that it's been lost on some but soon we'll be moving to xmeatfreex.com which will be less mp3 related but will have a wiki with vegan recipes and we'll also be distroing records etc.

Anyway, would love for you to write/blog on the site especially when we move to the domain. You would be able to write about whatever you like and at a domain level you'll get a lot more viewers/readers. Anyway check out the blog it may or may not be a thing and then if you're interested send us an email at

xmeatfreex@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name's David and I am working on a documentary about Straight Edge for Naitonal Geographic. This is not an investigative news piece, but a film about what it means to live with Straight Edge, and a balanced portrait of its many different sides. We're working in part with Ross Haenfler, who wrote a book about sXe (and is Edge)...but I'd be very interested in talking about our film with you and see if you had any ideas for us. If so, you can email me at david@part2pictures.com. Look forward to it!

d