Quantcast

Question?

September 14, 2007

Throwdown - Forever [Video]



I usually don't comment on videos or lyrics when I post them. But this is one of my favourite Throwdown songs! I always get pumped up and energized when I hear this song. When people say hardcore is dead or Straight Edge is dead, they need to wake up and realize that it's bigger than it ever was. "You dont know me/So dont judge me." Just because it's not '88 anymore and the bands have changed doesn't mean that it can't go on. There are plenty of great SxE bands and the community is larger now and global.

I think that most of the people that say negative things about Straight Edge are jealous that they don't have the same type of convictions, or they are upset that they need to have a crutch to get on with life. It always comes from the guy that smokes way too much and says stuff like "I can quit whenever I want" or "If I didn't smoke weed, I'd be Straight Edge too." I'm not here to judge you, but I am here to stick up for myself and my friends. I don't go around telling you that you need to be Straight Edge, but I always hear others saying "why do you have to label yourself, just have a beer and relax." The problem is that I am relaxed, I'm clear minded and I'm okay with it, YOU are not okay with MY choices.

"STRAIGHT FUCKING EDGE!!!"

No comments: