Quantcast

Question?

October 17, 2006

My Favourite Band of All Time

Friday night I went to see the Violent Femmes for the second time in my life. They played the best show I've ever been to. When they play acoustic instruments they play them harder than most bands plugged in. When I was 10 my friends were all skaters and listed to the Dead Milkmen, the Dead Kennedys, the Misfits, and the Violent Femmes. The Violent Femmes was the one tape that I loved the most at the time. They have always been the one band that most affected me growing up.

I love Punk and Hardcore, and Rancid is my favourite Punk band, but the Femmes just deliver something that truly moves me. They played for over 2 hours and the crowd was so into the show. I practically lost my voice singing to all the songs.

Definitely a truly memorable evening.

No comments: