Quantcast

Question?

October 24, 2006

Straight Edge Crew the Video Game


I never played Grand Theft Auto, I just couldn't see the point in pretending to steal a car, shoot innocent people and screw hookers. I play FPSs like Unreal and Sauerbraten and MMPORGs and Street Fighter (the best damn game ever made), but these games are pure fantasy. There's something about crossing the line into almost real.

Makes me wonder though if it would be a good idea to make a Straight Edge Crew game. You defend your city by taking down the drug dealers and the drunk drivers, maybe it could be endorsed by MADD (just kidding, I don't think they'd be up for the violence even if it was against drunk drivers)

I'm not the militant type but I just think this is a little funny in a sort of disturbed way. It's far more Wii friendly with themes against drugs and drunk driving as opossed to the xbox (funny how when written it becomes an sxe name for a guy named Bo) themes of hyper realistic violence.

5 comments:

xBOx said...

is this really a game!????

Anonymous said...

A straight edge video game. How lame! Do you wear kill your local drug dealer shirts also. I'm straight edge for myself not to clean up them streets and kill them prisky drug dealers. Live your own life.

phreekk said...

Anonymous - If you can't see the sarcasm and humor here then you need to open your eyes. Also, drug dealers affect my life and affect yours. Kids that get screwed up on drugs and get caught in drug related violence and drunk drivers that kill innocent people affect my life and yours.

Living in your "own life" doesn't mean that you need to ignore every thing else in the world. My life is about change and making a difference in my world to make it better.

You became Straight Edge because Ian wrote a song about his own choices and then you adopted that choice as your own too. That would mean that you shouldn't call your self Straight Edge because that was Ian's life, not yours. Live for yourself, but live to make the world better for yourself and everyone else. When the world is better, then we all get something out of it.

xargentinianedgex said...

the world isn't getting any better by killing people, even if they're drug dealers or else. don't justify yourself with that poor explanation, that is a fascist look for the edge, and it's one of the causes that makes people look at us as nazis. that is stupid.

phreekk said...

xargentinianedgex: It was a joke, if you've read my blog before and read the comment I posted you would realize that this was a JOKE, it was to be funny.

People think that some Straight Edge people are jerks because they look down on regular people that drink or smoke and think they are better than others that are just normal.

And as a fact that is not a joke anyone that sells drugs is below me. People that sell drugs are scum, plain and simple. Would I personally harm them, NO, but I think they deserve to be in jail.

It's up to us to make people see us people and people have the right to hate drug dealers. Drug dealers have no rights, they are killing people and breaking laws and ruining society in more ways than alcohol and cigarette companies.