Quantcast

Question?

August 11, 2008

VOID

I just found this somewhat interesting blog post by a tattoo artist of a cover-up tattoo on top of a Straight Edge tattoo. The part that I find interesting is that someone would make something so important in their life like claiming edge and then somehow fall to a point that they need to make fun of it. Certainly I have no idea what made this person change their lifestyle but I wonder what would make them think that it's now somehow humorous.

For me, I could never break edge, it is too important to me. Even when it's not something that I think about everyday it is something that is ingrained in my life. Like all things that take serious commitment (aside from relationships since those clearly require the commitment of two individuals) such as being vegan or a religious lifestyle choice such as celibacy it is something that at one point in your life made such an impact that you "claimed" it, that you made it known to others and in this case "marked" you own body to let others know. This claim was clearly something of value, something to be shared with others.

Everyone deserves the right to break edge, but I truly wonder if it's done for the right reasons.

No comments: