Quantcast

Question?

September 9, 2008

When is Aggravation Worth It?

When leaving my local subway station there was an MTA employee smoking in the station, underground.  Besides the obvious illegality of this, I was pissed cause it invades my lungs with his choice of suicide.  I wanted to say something to him, but would it even matter?  Would it make a difference if I called 311?  I needed to have a car towed once that was blocking the driveway to my apartment building, and after 6 hours the police never showed up, the jackass finally moved his car, and I could finally park my car in the damn spot I was paying for at the time.  So does the NYPD or 311 employees ever give a shit about anything?  My neighbours smoke, some smoke cigarettes others pot.  I can smell it in the hallway, or if I open my windows at night as well.  Then I'm forced to smell the shit and inhale, or turn on my A/C and hope it filters out the shit while I have to pay electircity for it instead of having clean fresh air.  So is it worth the aggravation to ask these jerks to stop smoking near windows?  Is it worth telling the cops that my neighbors smoke pot?  I want to be a good neighbor and not rat them out, but then they should be a good neighbor and not smoke pot.

I hate people.  I hate people that smoke.  I hate people that smoke pot.

No comments: