Quantcast

Question?

September 14, 2008

Why Should I Feel Like a Criminal When I Buy Allergy Medication?

I am completely sick of having to feel like I'm a criminal or that I live in a police state because some dumb @$$ kid wants to get high and possibly kill himself by making homemade meth.  At first I was a little confused and complied cause, well my allergies were bad and I needed something that worked, so I went to the pharmacy counter and dealt with the stupid request to show my ID to legally purchase what was supposed to be over-the-counter allergy medication.

Now I see these commercials that tell me I have to get it "at the pharmacy counter" without mentioning of course that you need to show your government issued ID which they record and then they force you to sign a book so they can track your movements.   This will of course keep the drugs off the street.  They think that drug makers and homebrew idiots are dumb enough to not pay some other idiot to get them drugs.

Sure this may seem like a rather late rant to the issue, but I guess I was asleep at the wheel when it happened or whenever I needed medication I just dealt with it cause I hate allergies.  Of course you can always take the "penelylephrine" version of your medication of choice, but from what I've tried and what my friends and other's online have tried, it barely does anything.  So now the law abiding citizens of our country are forced to be treated like criminals.

This law was put in place in 2005, and finally in 2007 they actually arrested someone for buying legal medication without any actual evidence of drug making or usage.  It took 2 years to do something that did nothing but make normal people suffer.

No comments: