Quantcast

Question?

July 25, 2006

Poison Free Roadster

Anyone that knows me, knows I love to drive and drive fast. Which is certainly a shame since when I moved to Brooklyn I had to sell my Subaru WRX. But I still love cars and just found out about a new auto company called Tesla Motors. They will be producing the fastest and longest range 100% electric car. It goes from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds and has a range of 250 miles on a single 3.5 hour charge. Freaking Beautiful!

Now aside from the power and range the fact that it's 100% electric just makes it that much more desirable and important for the world. No need to feed off oil from despotic and evil rulers (foreign and domestic.) I can't wait for when they come out with a rally model.

[Saturday, July 28, 2006] PS: Since I haven't had a car for a while now I didn't even think about how one that lives in NYC would even be able to own a 100% electric car that needed to be plugged in. Tesla will be offering a solar panel carport as mentioned in the AutoblogGreen interview but that still won't help those that have to park in the street. Now of course I realize that anyone that would own this particular model won't be parking it in the street. Although, it does raise the point of needing to offer a built in system for recharging. Solar panels on the car itself, such as those offered by XsunX (with this kind of name I wonder if the founder is SxE, solar power is very DIY and Poison Free) that are transparent and can be applied to windows as well as possibly the entire surface of the car.

All that would need to be created to meet this lack of outlets on the street and when traveling long distance is some sort of power transfer station (like a gas station) that could give your car a quick jump of juice in a short period of time. That of course is years out, but by the time the average driver will be purchasing a 100% electric 2 door hatchback we might have this kind of technology.

No comments: