Quantcast

Question?

November 13, 2006

Ignorance

The other day I was hanging out at Brooklyn Ink. There was this guy in there making an appointment to get a tattoo. We were talking about Straight Edge since most of the people there are SxE. This guy mentioned that he was Straight Edge now and as he's about to head out he pulls out a pack of cigarettes. I was just taken by surprise that this person would call him self Edge in a tattoo shop run by Straight Edgers, filled with Straight Edge people and then leave to smoke. WTF! I can't believe the ignorance that exists about what it means to be Straight Edge in some people still.

1 comment:

asiankaos said...

I use to get crazy pissed about this stuff. But it doesn't matter anymore. You are edge and so are the people in that shop. So you guys know he isn't edge. Someone like that will fade out. I've been edge since 93 been into hardcore just as long if not longer. I see people like this all the time. And non of them are here anymore. They fade out...they don't matter to the real hardcore/edge kids.