Quantcast

Question?

August 16, 2006

Food Not Bombs

This past Sunday I volunteered with Food Not Bombs, a great organization that helps feed the needy and homeless. I helped out in NY at ABC No Rio, but Food Not Bombs is a National Organization with groups around the country helping feed people and spread a message. In some parts of the US, city officials have actually arrested and imposed laws to stop feeding the homeless. I can't believe we live in a world that is that sick and twisted.

I had a great time helping and meeting some very cool people that also helped out as well as some nice people that came to eat. We set up at Tompkins Square Park and about 30-50 people showed up to have a healthy vegan meal. I spoke with some of them and felt like this was something that despite being just a once a week thing actually helps and makes people happy.

I plan to go back as often as I can and help out, and I hope that by reading this you too will either help to volunteer at a Food Not Bombs near you, start one in your city or find a volunteer organization that does something you feel is important to you.

No comments: