Quantcast

Question?

August 26, 2006

senseless violence poisons the mind

Anger about the world around us has been filling my mind lately. Personally I've been feeling more annoyed and pissed at the people around me, people on the streets and subways and the people that claim to be my friends.

I spent last night listening to Shelter over and over and really paying attention to the lyrics more and more, I have a friend that is a Hare Krishna and haven't thought about what that means till now. With how much this world has been pissing me off I think it's poisoning me. My closest friend just lost a brother due to senseless violence and it kills me inside. I really feel like this world won't change for a very long time, now that means I'm not about to stop trying, but I need to find a way to keep it from poisoning me.

I'm not sure how much I understand about Hare Krishna, but to me it seems far more posion free than chrisitanity or any other religion. This world has become a slaughterhouse to the victims of religous fanactics. My own country is failing prey to mindless zombie bible thumpers.

I just know, that from now on I need to figure out how to clear my mind the same way I've cleared my body of the poisons our society thrusts upon us.

No comments: