Quantcast

Question?

August 3, 2006

I hate when people say they like all kinds of music

When I hear people say that that it makes me think think that they are either afraid to say just like one kind of music (cause they are afraid people will think they are limited) or they actually have no personal taste in music. If you have no interest in music, say so. If you're afraid to sound limited then be yourself and tell me you only like pop music, i don't care, i'm not here to judge your taste but be honest and tell me what you like.

Me, I personally love punk [Rancid, Bouncing Souls, Anti-Flag, AFI], hardcore [Youth of Today, The Promise] & post-harcore [Thursday, Hawthorne Heights] and ska [anything from Moon Ska]. With ska I tend to prefer 2nd and 3rd Wave. I also like some indie [Belle and Sebastian, Fiona Apple, Go Sailor] music and even a little hip-hop/rap [Beastie Boys, Public Enemy]. I've recently gotten into Nerd-core [mc chris] and will continue to love ska-punk [Operation Ivy] despite a lot of people lately disliking this genre mashup. I'm really into Psychobilly [Tiger Army] & Clash style Rockabilly (not the country sounding Rockabilly)

I hate country, especially the twangy country. Most rap I dislike, and I hate metal. I especially dislike hardcore bands that cross over into metal (I used to love 18 Visions, but I'm so annoyed now.) I dislike classic rock [Led Zeplin] and hate progressive rock [Rush]. I even don't like the Seatle grunge scene [Nirvana, Pearl Jam].

So there I've laid down what I like and don't like. And you're free to judge me if you want, but for me I listen to music I like and really don't care what other's think about my tastes. But I also am very open to hearing what other people like, I may not like it, but I'll at least put in the time to listen. If you hate the music I've mentioned then let me know what you like, or even if you like the same stuff still let me know what you like so I can check it out.

With that said, I'm going to throw on some Looper now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate when people say they like all kinds of music

ROTFL.. same here..

I just recently got into punk and hardcore stuff.. I do like Youth of today.. Crass.. Conflict.. and few others.. also the CD This is the A.L.F is seriously makes a good hearing.. but my favorite of all is Earth Crisis.. they just blew me away!!! everything from their lyrics.. to sXe.. to music.. everything..

though my favorite genre is still progressive rock.. YES, crimson, floyd, genesis, CAMEL, mahavishnu, van der graaf.. progressive rock ruless!!