Quantcast

Question?

September 14, 2006

Grow

Digging through some old stuff I found a flyer for a Straight Edge band my friends had in high school. The band was called Grow and contained the members Ray (who is currently in Carpenter Ant), Sean and Brian (who is in the photo on the left.) I wasn't part of the Lehigh Valley Hardcore scene when I was younger but they were my friends and they have influenced me to this day. Their demo was to come out in January of 1994, the year we all graduated. The flyer had the lyrics from two of their songs:

Disease You're something that I don't need / Why Must you make us bleed / You're something that was in my hear / Never thought we shall part / You should always be aware / Of friends that have cared / These lies you now portrayal / I have failed / This problem shall never be solved / Now I wish I never got involved / This disease caught in my mind

Conflict As Open as the wind / As free as a cloud / You watch us grow / Knowing we grow wild / Can't grasp our feelings / Can't open our eyes / Hate what you feel / This is the deal / Laughing at your remarks / Caring not in our hearts / Exploding from within / You won't realize / Taking us for granted / Wishing you would die / No crave for acceptance / Cause now I can fly




Note: I edited the songs to be spelled and grammatically correct.

No comments: